From New Delhi: 2-Day Taj Mahal Sunrise & Sunset Tour
Experience the spectacular view of the Taj Mahal at both sunrise and sunset on this 2-day tour from New Delhi. Visit the city of Agra and enjoy the beauty of the Taj Mahal, explore the magnificent Fatehpur Sikri, and visit a marble inlay workshop.
This 2-day tour from New Delhi takes you on a discovery of the beautiful Taj Mahal, where you can enjoy the views at sunrise and sunset. You will also visit Fatehpur Sikri, a magnificent monument about 43 kilometers from Agra. You will be accompanied by a driver and an English-speaking guide will always be available to explain the history of the monuments as you visit them.
You will be picked up from New Delhi and driven to Agra, where you can enjoy the interesting scenery along the way. In Agra you get to see the Taj Mahal twice – once at sunset on the first evening and once at sunrise in the early morning the next day. You will also have the chance to explore the Agra Fort, Sikandara, and the Itmad ud Daulah tomb, also known as the baby Taj.
Day 1: New Delhi – Agra
- 8:00: You will be picked up anywhere in Delhi and driven to Agra.
- 11:30: Check-in to the hotel. The guide will join you at the hotel.
- 12:00-13:00: Visit Sikandra (tomb of the mighty Akbar).
- 13:00-14:00: Visit Itmad ud Daulah’s tomb (also called Baby Taj).
- 14:00-15:00: The driver will take you to a restaurant of your choice for lunch. You have the option of booking a buffet lunch
- 15:00-16:00: Visit Agra Fort.
- 16.30-18.30: Visit Mahtab Garden and view the Taj Mahal at sunset.
- 18.30-20:00: Visit a marble inlay workshop demonstrating the same fine workmanship that went in building the Taj Mahal and its delicate motifs, plus a carpet-making workshop.
- 20:00-21:00: The driver will drop you back at your hotel for dinner.
Day 2: Agra – Fatehpur Sikri – New Delhi
- 6:00: The driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the Taj Mahal.
- 6:20-8:30: Visit the Taj Mahal with your English-speaking guide at sunrise.
- 8:30: Return back to the hotel for the breakfast.
- 10:30: Check-out after breakfast. Proceed to Fatehpur Sikri, 40 kilometers from Agra. Visit the many attractions, including the palace of Jodha Bai, Birbal Bhawan, the palace of the Christian wife Miriam, Karawan Seraj and Hiran Minar, Diwan-i-khas, Diwan-i-Am, and Jama Masjid.
- 14:00: Return to Agra to have lunch.
- 15:00: After lunch proceed to Delhi.